Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cupcake Stand (Tutorial #1!)

Here we go! My first tutorial a Cupcake Stand. We're doing cupcakes for our wedding and simple cardboard stands run $40-$60! So I decided to make my own for the grand total of $10.



First I started by drawing circles. Thank God Future DH wanted to keep this ginormous box from our TV we got for Christmas...of 2008!
Circles: sizes 26", 18", 14", and 10"
These will be the "dividers". They're ice cream bowls from Walmart ($1.96/each).

Gotta soak the stickers off...

Test run...I like it!

This is my 9 month old puppy...
...and this is what happens when he "helps". I have no idea how he got that circle around his body!

Time to paint!
...3 coats later on BOTH sides
Add ribbon detail...
and we're done! Well almost, I ran out of ribbon on the bottom tier.
It's definitely not perfect.
Top view
Finished product!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Just came across your blog through one of your posts on "be different, act normal." Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We're recent newlyweds, and boy, that's a huge event to think out. I love that you have a hands-on approach! That's what we did, and though we were hectic, we definitely had personal touches everywhere. I blogged through the entire process, thank goodness, so now I have a record of the crazy times. Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing! And if you ever need two cents worth or ideas thrown around to an outsider, just ask me!

    ReplyDelete