Sunday, March 7, 2010

Homemade Products

Some homemade things I wanna try...


Why? Because I'm allergic to deodorant. Most deodorant has aluminum in it, which is what I'm allergic to. And it can't possible be good for your body!

What you need:

1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup corn starch or arrowroot powder
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil


Why? Because laundry soap is expensive!

What you need:
1/3 bar of Fels-Naptha or 1 bar of Ivory soap, grated

½ cup washing soda (found in the laundry aisle in most stores - Arm & Hammer makes it)

½ cup borax powder (also in the laundry aisle - look for "20 Mule Team" brand)

~You will also need a small bucket, about 2 gallon size~


2 comments:

  1. I also have a post about homemade laundry detergent at www.quarryorchard.blogspot.com
    I have been using it for several months now and love it! It is similar to yours but a bit different!
    (good luck starting to collect those rocks! We are so glad we started doing it!)

    ReplyDelete