Friday, March 5, 2010

I Challenge You!

Lindsay from Living with Lindsay has started the 2nd "Five Dollar Challenge" for spring decor. Entries aren't "due" until 3/25 so I might try a new project, but if not, here is my entry...

Step 1. Have people awkwardly look at you while you take a picture of the outside of a
Dollar Tree

Step 2. Supplies: 8 x 11 mirror, 3 wooden cutouts, and a little watering can magnet (which I purposefully bought the one where the magnet already fell off)

Step 3. Quick coat of paint

Step 4. ...and on the mirror

Step 5. Hot glue (<3)

Step 6. Break out the Cricut


Step 7. Add ribbon detail

Step 8. Mod Podge letters on

Step 9. Clean up the gluey mess inbetween letters

Step 10.. Voila! Finished product. Can either hang it up or stand up!

Are you up for the challenge?


7 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I'm going to have to make one ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! I love how the flower bases actually form a shelf. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily...this is adorable! What a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the cutest crafts I've seen for spring!
    Where would we all be without Dollar Tree???

    Sharon@Keeninsprirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it!!! so creative!

    ReplyDelete